Don’t tell my husband that this soup only takes five minutes because he LOVES this soup and treats it like a special occasion whenever I make it. He usually exclaims “Holy cow, this soup is so good! Best soup I’ve ever had” or something like that whenever he sees that I’ve made it for lunch. Just a simple egg drop soup. The recipe is usually changing and evolving (and just basically using up some leftovers.) For those of you against salt, please click the back button now.
Here are some items that can go into the five minute soup:
- However much liquid you want your soup to be. I usually put in about a liter and a half so the following ingredients will be for that amount
- Three eggs, whisked
- One tsp of sesame oil
- One tsp of minced ginger
- Enough chicken stock powder to taste good (I just keep adding it)
- Four green onions
- About three Tbsp of soy sauce
- Whatever else (I’ve tried cubed tofu and all sorts of vegetables — depending on the vegetable you’ll have to boil it for a little longer)
- I put in about a Tbsp of this Asian Sesame salad dressing.
Heat to boiling and serve.