It was date night the other night, which is a weekly event for us. My wonderful husband wanted to cook me something Thai inspired by one of our many new bargain cookbooks from Winners, Thai Cooking School. I thought I should post his recipe as it was unbelievably good and (although he might not want to admit it) easy to make.
Here’s how he did it (I know because my wine and I supervised)
- Slice about 400 grams of pork tenderloin very thin
- Rub the meat with a mixture of 1/4 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp sugar, 1 & 1/4 tsp coriander, 1/2 tsp white pepper, grated rind of one lime. Let meat stand 15 minutes
- Heat 1 Tbsp oil in a wok, fry meat (2-3 minutes)
- Add 6 sliced green onions, 1 garlic clove, 1tsp grated ginger. Fry 2 minutes
- Add chopped cashews, 1 tsp fish sauce, 1 Tbsp chicken stalk, juice of one lime, and my husband added 2 chillies (which I would advise against unless you are into REALLY hot food)
- Add to noodles and garnish with 2 Tbsp of fresh mint.