Filo pastry is basically wonderful. It is SO easy to use and almost everything tastes great with it — savory or sweet. A couple of nights ago, my friend Jenny and I made a quick dessert using fruit, butter, sugar, cinnamon, and multiple sheets of filo.
- Take a couple kinds of frozen/fresh fruit and drain. Reserve liquid.
- Layer filo pastry about three or four sheets deep, alternating direction and leaving some space on the side to fold back after fruit is added
- add 1/3 of fruit. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Layer more filo. Brush with butter
- Fold in side of filo
- Brush with fruit juice
- Sprinkle sugar on top
- Bake 350 until fruit is tender and filo is golden brown (about 15 minutes)