The first time I bought chow mein noodles they just sat in the fridge for a long time growing mold. This time I made an effort and cooked them the day I bought them to save our fridge from the horrid moldy smells and save ourselves more wasted money. As I have never made chow mein before it seemed like a daunting task. But, it was actually a very easy, quick meal to make and cheap!
- Cook one package of noodles (about 3 minutes in boiling water should do it) then fry for a couple of minutes. Setting aside
- Fry the pork (or whatever meat you are cooking with) until about half done
- Add Onion and celery. Fry.
- Add bean sprouts, pepper, and soy sauce. Cover and simmer until bean sprouts are done.
- Put everything on top of the noodles et voila!